Taiwan offers a smart card to adult foreign residents that can be used to verify their identity online. This allows some government services previously only available in person to be provided online, including:
- Tax return submission
- Applying for credit reports
- Accessing healthcare data from the NHI
- Requesting a police check
- Certificate of Entry and Exit dates from the NIA
- Ordering Face Masks
How to get your record of Entry and Exit Dates from Taiwan's National Immigration Agency
- Get a Digital Citizen Certificate and set it up in your card reader
- Visit https://ncp.immigration.gov.tw/niaweb/entryExitForeignQuery , (if the link has changed, try clicking through English - Online Applications -Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates - (red link) Please click here and enter the instant application page)
- Ensure you've allowed pop-ups for this site.
- Close the pop-up using the right-hand button (it will likely have red lines, showing the software isn't installed)
- Click the HiPKI憑證驗證元件 link and install the HiPKI software
- Click the HiCOS卡片管理工具 link and install the HICOS software
- Restart your computer
- Head back to https://ncp.immigration.gov.tw/niaweb/entryExitForeignQuery , and check the pop-up now has two green lines and close it. If not, your software installation has failed and you need to go back to step 4.
- Enter your ARC ID number, passport number and the PIN for your IC Card, and click login.
- Wait for the pop-up scroller to complete (about 15seconds)
- Choose the search period (or just get the last entry and exit information), enter the CAPTCHA and click "Tables/Sheets"
- Your certificate appears instantly, able to be printed.
Note: You HiPKI and HICOS are updated from time to time. NIA advises that if the site does not work and it has been more than 6 months since you installed the plugins, you should try installing a new version.